Available to children 4 years old by December 2nd
Research shows that children who participate in high quality early learning programs are better prepared for kindergarten and beyond. Fresno Unified School District offers a Pre-Kindergarten/Preschool program for children during the year at most elementary school sites. Classes are available in the morning and afternoon.
- Instruction is aligned with the California Preschool Foundations and focuses on social-emotional health and oral language development.
- Emphasis is placed on early literacy, early math concepts, visual arts and social-emotional development.
- School readiness is achieved through developmentally appropriate, current researched-based practices
Enrollment for 2019-20 School Year
Fresno Unified is enrolling students for pre-kindergarten/preschool for the 2019-20 school year. All families with children who are 4 years old by December 2 and live within the Fresno Unified School District boundary are encouraged to apply. Families with children who are 3 years old by September 1, 2019 can also contact us about the 3 year old programs at Addams, Birney, Calwa, Duncan, Mayfair, Olmos,Turner,Vinland, Winchell and Wolters.
Enrollment packets for the preschool programs are available at all elementary school sites and on the district website. We will begin accepting completed enrollment packets starting April 1, 2019. Interested families are encouraged to complete the enrollment process:
Step 1: Complete the enrollment packet
- The enrollment packet is available at all elementary school sites.
- Please review all program requirements and complete the packet in advance as much as possible.
Step 2: Schedule an appointment to turn in the enrollment packet
- Call (559) 457-3416 to schedule your appointment with an enrollment specialist.
- Gather all the required documentation. Please see the checklist on the enrollment form.
- If you have missing documents, your enrollment packet will be not be accepted.
Step 3: Meet with an enrollment specialist beginning April 1
Bring the completed enrollment packet and the required documentation to your scheduled meeting located at:
Early Learning Department Enrollment Center at McLane High School
2727 N. Cedar Ave, Fresno, CA 93703
Dual-Immersion prekindergarten classes with instruction in Spanish are available at Ewing, Leavenworth, Sunset and Wawona. For these programs Lottery is held by the Transfers office. Dual-Immersion programs are now open for these neighborhood schools; Burroughs, Calwa, Centennial, Lane, Roeding, Rowell, Vang Pao (Hmong), and Williams.