Available to children 4 years old by December 2nd
Research shows that children who participate in high quality early learning programs are better prepared for kindergarten and beyond. Fresno Unified School District offers a Pre-Kindergarten/Preschool program for children during the year at most elementary school sites. Classes are available in the morning and afternoon.
- Instruction is aligned with the California Preschool Foundations and focuses on social-emotional health and oral language development.
- Emphasis is placed on early literacy, early math concepts, visual arts and social-emotional development.
- School readiness is achieved through developmentally appropriate, current researched-based practices
Enrollment For the 2021-2022 School Year
You can now register for all of our Early Learning programs online. After you have gathered all required documents listed below, please click on the button below to begin the registration process. If you have any questions, please call 559-457-3416 or email us at EarlyLearning@fresnounified.org. Please click here for a guide to completing the online application, or watch the video at the bottom of this page.
- Birth Certificate Verification for the enrolling student.
- Birth Certificate Verification for all brothers and sisters under the age of 18 still living at home.
- Current Proof of Address dated within 30 days of your application start date. One of the following: PG&E, Telephone-landline, Utility or Rental Agreement with current rent receipt
- Immunization Record for the enrolling student. The California School Immunization Law requires that children be up to date on their immunizations (shots).
- Health Evaluation (given within a year of entry into school). If Health Evaluation is not available, a parent must sign a 30-day waiver. And then submit the Health Evaluation.
- FUSD TB Assessment. Submit an FUSD TB Risk Assessment, included in the enrollment application that will be reviewed by either Health Services or trained Early Learning Staff. TB Risk Assessment must be dated 30 days or less from the day of registration. IF TB Risk Assessment is a positive student will not be allowed to register until they are cleared of active TB (this could include skin testing, bloodwork and/or chest x-ray if needed).
- Current Proof of Income dated within 30 days of your application start date. If you get paid:
- Weekly: last four consecutive pay stubs.
- Every two weeks: last two consecutive pay stubs (pay cycle is usually 14 days).
- Biweekly: last two consecutive pay stubs (pay cycle usually 15 days or longer pay received 1st & 15th or 5th & 20th).
- Monthly: pay is received once per month.
- The two documents below are required. Please complete and save before uploading to your application:
There may be times when you are asked to upload additional documents.
- Please click on the links below for the document(s) you need
- Download and complete
- Upload to your online application
Self-Certification of Income: for self- employed (receives cash), unemployed (EDD), cash aid recipients, without income, Cal-Works, Child support, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or In Home Support Services (IHSS)
Declaration of Residency: The declaration of residency needs to be completed by the parent/guardian enrolling the child and the homeowner or the person renting the house or apartment if proof of residency is not in the applicant’s name.
Statement of Verification of Earnings: Missing pay stubs or new employment
Seeking Employment- Parent Declaration: Guardian is seeking employment or enrolling in a training program
Training Verification: Form completed by college or training program
Watch a video tutorial below: