For 2020-2021 Preschool Enrollment, call (559) 457-3416 to schedule an over the phone appointment. Please email all documents to: EarlyLearning@fresnounified.org
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Fresno Unified School District Early Learning programs are temporarily closed. Although schools are closed, enrollment specialists are available to help you enroll your child online for the 2020-21 School Year.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK). First of a two-year kindergarten program, available at most elementary school sites, for children turning 5 between September 2 – December 2.
Kindergarten. For 5-year-old students. Students must turn 5 by September 1.
Preschool Enrollment can be accomplished in two ways:
- Click on the enrollment packet button (English or Spanish Version) to complete the application using Adobe Reader ONLY. ***You must download it first, then open with Adobe Reader. You will notice red boxes around the signatures.
- Call 457-3416 for an appointment and a staff member will support you with the completion of the enrollment process over the phone including collecting documentation that you will send to EarlyLearning@fresnounified.org.
Either process you choose will require the below documents:
- Birth Certificate Verification for the enrolling student.
- Birth Certificate Verification for all brothers and sisters under the age of 18 still living at home.
- Current Proof of Address dated within 30 days of your appointment date. One of the following: PG&E, Telephone-landline, Utility or Rental Agreement with current rent receipt
- Immunization Record for the enrolling student. The California School Immunization Law requires that children be up to date on their immunizations (shots).
- Health Evaluation (given within a year of entry into school). If Health Evaluation is not available, a parent must sign a 30-day waiver.
- FUSD TB Assessment. Submit to an FUSD TB Risk Assessment, included in the enrollment application that will be reviewed by either Health Services or trained Early Learning Staff, TB Risk Assessment must be dated 30 days or less from the day of registration. IF TB Risk Assessment is a positive student will not be allowed to register until they are cleared of active TB (this could include skin testing, bloodwork and/or chest x-ray if needed).
- Current Proof of Income dated within 30 days of your appointment date. If you get paid: Weekly: last four consecutive pay stubs. Every two weeks: last two consecutive pay stubs (pay cycle is usually 14 days). Biweekly: last two consecutive pay stubs (pay cycle usually 15 days or longer pay received 1st & 15th or 5th & 20th). Monthly: pay is received once per month.
All Enrollment for 2020-21
Fresno Unified is enrolling students for pre-kindergarten/preschool for the 2020-21 school year.
All families with children who are 4 years old by December 2 and live within the Fresno Unified School District boundary are encouraged to apply. Families with children who are 3 years old by December 2, 2020, can also contact us about the 3-year-old programs at Addams, Birney, Calwa, Duncan, Mayfair, Olmos, Turner, Vinland, Winchell and Wolters.
Step 1: Click on the blue boxes above.
Click this link https://apps.fresnounified.org/schoollocator to find your home school; this will be your first choice. We encourage all Fresno Unified families to begin their school experience at their home school whenever possible. If your home school is not the best choice for your family, please indicate the preferred choice on your application.
Please review all program requirements and complete the packet in advance as much as possible.
Step 2: Schedule an appointment to schedule a call with an enrollment specialist.
- Call (559) 457-3416 to schedule your appointment with an enrollment specialist.
- Gather all the required documentation. Please see the checklist on the enrollment form.
- Scan or take pictures of all your documents and email to: EarlyLearning@fresnounified.org
If you have missing documents your enrollment packet may not be accepted.
Step 3: Meet with an enrollment specialist by phone.
An enrollment specialist will contact you at or around your appointment time. Please remember to email all your scanned documents to EarlyLearning@fresnounified.org